University of Iceland
- EURAXESS Contact Point
- Coverage Area: Within institution only
- Sæmundargata 2
- Reykjavík, 101
- Access to the culture of the host country/language courses
- Day care, schooling & family related issues
- Departure conditions/formalities
- Entry conditions/visas
- Health insurance
- Medical care
- Pension rights
- Work permit
As a part of HR the International Staff Services offers specialized assistance to recently appointed international academics, researchers and doctoral students.
The aim is to facilitate and make the transition to Iceland as smooth as possible.
The service includes:
- Residence Permit Applications
- Fast track Icelandic ID number Applications
- Housing Assistance
- Spouse Network
- Various support during employment; tax and pension issues, familiy matters, medical care etc.