Skip to main content
Working in EuropeRecognition of diplomasIceland

Recognition of Diplomas


In Iceland ENIC/NARIC Information Center provides you with assessments of your non-Icelandic degree, diploma or certificate and offers information about international recognition of qualifications. Professional recognition is handled by the various ministries (as competent authorities) under the direction of the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture. 

What documents do you need?

  1. Diploma(s)/certificate(s) in the original language.
  2. Transcript(s), mark sheets or similar list(s) of subjects passed, in the original language. If no such transcript etc. is available, please list in your own words the subjects studied and passed.
  3. Translation of diploma(s)/certificate(s).
  4. Translation of transcript(s), mark sheets or list(s) of subjects passed.
  5. Prior diploma/certificate that you obtained as a basis for the qualification that is to be assessed.
  6. If the name on any of the documents is different from the name you are currently using: Documentation of change of name, e.g. marriage certificate.
  7. If your qualifications have been assessed before: Former assessment(s) or recognition decision(s).

The Nordic ENIC/NARIC offices operate a special cooperative network, see

Entry requirements: 

Entry requirements into the various programmes in the Icelandic universities are determined by each university A list of the minimium requirents for entry into undergraduate programmes does exists and is accessble here .