OFFER DEADLINE22/04/2019 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Rovira i Virgili (URV)
DEPARTMENTInternational Research Proposal Support Unit
Professor Ioanis Katakis , established at the Chemical Eng. Department (Tarragona, Spain), is interested in receiving Expressions of Interest of potential candidates for the Marie Sklodowska – Curie Individual Fellowship (MSCA – IF) 2019 call. Selected candidates will receive dedicated support from my group to write a successful proposal.
The team combines long experience in bioelectrochemistry and physical chemistry, molecular biology and nanotechnology/materials science. We are interested in the field of Microalgae Bio refineries:
- Preservation strategies, genetic studies and high added value production.
- Conservation studies of microalgae:
- Improving the conservation methodologies of these microorganisms will enable a better understanding of their behaviour and will facilitate their use at industrial level.
- Development and optimization of processes for microalgae products recovery.
For the Marie Curie IF call of 2019, we are looking for postdoc(s) with experience in:
- -PhD in bioelectrochemistry (electrochemical biosensors, biofuel cells, etc).
- The ideal candidate should have a first degree in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering and a PhD in bioelectrochemistry with one or two years of post-doctoral experience, a solid publication record
- Interest in the social impact of research and entrepreneurship
- Expertise in microalgae research or biofuel development is a plus
We are looking for talented and innovative young scientists, strongly committed to high quality frontier research and able to add new insights to the existing URV core expertise. Only candidates with an outstanding record of research achievements and publications in top-quality journals will be considered
URV as Hosting Institution located at Scientific Campus of Universitat Rovira i Virgili (Tarragona, Spain), has use of all the technical and scientific facilities for carry out this project.
At the deadline for the submission of the proposals (11/09/2019), researchers:
- Shall be in possession of a doctoral degree or 4 years of full-time equivalent experience;
- Must not have resided or carried out their main activities in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the above mentioned deadline.
- Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken).
Researchers willing to apply should check that they fulfil the elegibility criteria and then send an expression of interest, consisting of:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A summary presentation of their research proposal / A motivation letter
Expressions of interest must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org (Title of the e-mail “ URV- MSCA - Prof. Katakis).
Proposals will be pre-selected on the basis of internal evaluation. Candidates will be informed of the results of the pre-selection a week after the deadline.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.