ORGANISATION NAMETechnical University of Munich
FUNDING TYPEMobility Incoming
RESEARCH FIELDFormal sciencesNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciencesSocial sciences
CAREER STAGERecognised Researcher (R2) (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)Established Researcher (R3) (Researchers who have developed a level of independence)
The EuroTech Universities Alliance (https://eurotech-universities.eu) is a strategic partnership of four leading European universities of science & technology: Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Technical University of Munich (TUM). Together they are committed to finding technical solutions, which address the major challenges of modern society. Their intensive collaboration across research, education & innovation support the EU’s goals of smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.
The Allliance’s EuroTechPostdoc Programme is a postdoctoral fellowship programme for young experienced researchers who have already demonstrated excellence and potential in their field of research. EuroTechPostdoc provides its fellows exceptional international research and career development opportunities across four leading technical universities in Europe to further develop their outstanding individual potential into a distinct, innovative and competitive researcher profile.
The four universities of the EuroTech Universities Alliance will grant 80 fellowships divided over two calls for experienced researchers. Per call, each university grants 10 fellowships for a 24 month period to collaborative and interdisciplinary research projects across the Alliance.
Applicants may apply within one of the five focus research areas of the EuroTech Universities Alliance:
- Health & Bio Engineering
- Smart & Urban Mobility
- Data Science & Engineering
- High Performance Computing
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
More information on the focus areas: http://eurotech-universities.eu/focus-areas/
What is funded
Successful application propose bottom-up collaborative research projects with one of the EuroTech Universities as main host and a second EuroTech University as co-host. Whereas a host and co-host is mandatory, the participation of a third partner institution from the academic, non-academic or industrial sector is encouraged. Collaboration can be implemented by virtual means, short visits or research stays of up to 6 months.
The fellowship consists of a monthly salary for the postdoctoral researcher based on the national and on collective labor agreements of the respective host country (Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland).
Each fellowship is granted for a period of twenty-four (24) months maximum. Prolongation within the EuroTechPostdoc Programme is not possible.
Applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria in order to be able to participate in the evaluation and selection process:
- In agreement with the Horizon 2020 2016-2017 Work Programme for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (Link: http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/wp/2016_2017/main/h2020-wp1617-msca_en.pdf) applicants to EuroTechPostdoc must be Experienced Researchers, namely they must, on the recruitment date (1st call: 1 August 2018; 2nd call: 1 August 2019), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience. Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree entitling him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged.
- Mobility Rule: Researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host university (Denmark, Germany, Netherlands or Switzerland) for more than twelve (12) months in the three (3) years immediately before the call deadline. Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Applicants must be able to carry out full time research during the fellowship period (parental leave, sick leave, military leave and care leave are accepted).
In addition, proposals must be supported by an institutional endorsement from both the host and co-host to be considered eligible. A standard form and process will be provided in the application portal (opens 30 November 2017).
How to Apply
Please visit the EuroTechPostdoc Programme webpage http://postdoc.eurotech-universities.eu for further information and the link to the application portal. The application portal will open on 30 November 2017.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 754462