ORGANISATION NAMEAXA Research Fund
RESEARCH FIELDFormal sciencesHumanitiesNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciencesSocial sciences
CAREER STAGEEstablished Researcher (R3) (Researchers who have developed a level of independence)Leading Researcher (R4) (Researchers leading their research area or field)
AXA Research Fund Academic Chairs Programme
Internationally, the AXA Research Fund supports the creation of innovative research professorships. Each AXA Chair is selected to address a global societal challenge related to one of the following areas: Environment, Health, New Technologies and Socio-Economics.
An AXA Chairholder must have demonstrated outstanding research achievements and leadership qualities. The application must be submitted by the host institution.
- Academic excellence of the candidate and innovative nature of the research programme
- Potential to make a step change in the considered research field
- Transformative potential of the chair on the host institution
- Commitment to engage science with society
- Commitment to open access to data and publications, whenever possible
- An AXA Chair is awarded for 5 years
Level and use of the support
- Up to € 1M for the whole duration of the programme
- The funding can be used to support part of the professor’s salary and support research activities
Eligibility and application procedure
- Institutions can submit only one application and need to choose one of our two campaigns.
- Please consult https://www.axa-research.org/en/page/AXA-Chairs?xtatc=INT-1-%5BAXA_CHAIR... for further information on eligibility criteria and on the application procedure
- 22 April 2019 (Spring campaign)
- 21 October 2019 (Fall campaign)
- Queries should be addressed by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.