ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineeringMathematics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/09/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The University of Luxembourg seeks to hire a highly motivated and outstanding researcher in the areas of Real-Time Signal Processing, Embedded Systems, Microwave Propagation and Antennas at its Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability, and Trust (SnT). SnT is a centre carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) systems and services. SnT is active in several international research projects funded by the European Space Agency and the EU7th framework program. For further information, you may check: www.securityandtrust.lu, and wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/sigcom
The Centre is rapidly expanding its research activities and is seeking a highly motivated Researcher who wishes to contribute to its partnership and research projects. The successful candidate will perform theoretical and experimental research on software defined 5G protocol stack applied for future communications systems.
Research Associate in software defined 5G protocol stack
- Ref: R-STR-5100-00-B, RCREQ0004245
- Fixed-term contract 24 months (CDD), full-time 40 hrs/week
- Number of positions: 1
- Employee status
The successful candidate will join a strong and motivated research team led by Prof. Björn Ottersten and Prof. Symeon Chatzinotas to work on one or more of the following areas:
- Research on new 5G NR focused on:
- Enhanced Mobile Broadband
- MIMO, Beamforming, Energy efficiency
- Ultra-reliable and low-latency communications
- Mobile edge computing
- 5G and Health Regulations
- Beyond-Line-Of-Sight control of 5G-assisted UAVs
- Demonstration of SDR-based 5G-nodes prototypes
- Opening his/her own research line in synergy with the currents research projects
The position holder will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Researching the predefined areas
- Participating in research proposal drafting and project deliverables
- Collaborate in ongoing ESA, European, and national projects
- Disseminating results through scientific publications and conference presentations
- Assisting in the organization of relevant workshops and demos
Qualification: The candidate should possess a Ph.D. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or affine. With a proven record of accomplishment in the areas of Terrestrial or Satellite Wireless Communications with the focus on LTE, LTE-A and 5G NR.
Experience: The ideal candidate should have some knowledge and experience in a number of the following topics:
- A solid mathematical background
- Knowledge of 3GPP standards for LTE and 5G NR (releases 14-17)
- Experience with developments or use of Open Air Interface (OAI)
- Hands-on Software Defined Radio platform such as USRPs or others
- Software Development using C++ or Python and MATLAB
Language Skills: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
The University offers highly competitive salaries and plentiful opportunities for training activities towards professional development. The University offers a 2-years fixed-term contract, extensible upon satisfaction of progress milestones, on a full-time basis (40 hrs/week). You will be working in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a dynamic and growing centre. The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
The application should include:
- Full CV, including a list of publications and contact details of two referees
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses
- Research statement and topics of particular interest to the candidate (300 words)
- All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply
Deadline for applications: September 15th, 2020. Early submission is encouraged; applications will be processed upon arrival.
EURAXESS offer ID: 531023
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.