RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electrical engineeringPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/02/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Leuven
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together 4,000 brilliant minds from over 90 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
What you will do
As a member of the Exploratory Device team you enable novel device concepts for beyond-CMOS logic applications.
You will work closely with our engineers and researchers to evaluate and benchmark spintronic majority gate devices and potentially circuits.
Your main responsibilities are
- Micromagnetics simulation for device design and modeling of experimental data, including:
- Spintronic logic device design and modeling
- Conceiving and improving majority gate device design
- Circuit design and synthesis with majority gate devices
- Guiding and supervising Master and PhD students
What we do for you
- We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
- We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your technical and personal growth.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. If needed, we also provide international relocation support for you and your family.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: PhD or equivalentPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Who you are
- We see your Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics, and your industrial or postdoc experience as key to be successful in this exciting role.
- We really need your knowledge/experience with simulation tools such as OOMMF (Object Oriented MicroMagnetic Framework) and/or MuMax (general purpose micromagnetic simulation).
- We see your knowledge in logic synthesis, spice/spectre and previous work on any spin-based technology as a plus.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague who can work both, independent and in team.
- We appreciate your excellent English communication skills and agility to work in a multicultural environment.
This postdoctoral position is funded by imec through KU Leuven. Because of the specific financing statute which targets international mobility for postdocs, only candidates who did not stay or work/study in Belgium for more than 24 months in the past 3 years can be considered for the position (short stays such as holiday, participation in conferences, etc. are not taken into account).
EURAXESS offer ID: 434852
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.